wake baby to change poopy diaper?

It is a struggle to get my LO to take a nap. She finally went down for a nap and I noticed the poopy smell. She pooped. Should I wake her to change the diaper or not? If I wake her she will not go back to sleep. But I feel guilty for letting her soak in her poo.

jet360

Asked by jet360 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would I'd be too scared it would burn her butt....diaper rash is not comfy.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• She could end up with a diaper rash if left alone. I'd be torn too, but I'd probably end up changing it. I'd try not to wake her though! Good luck!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 6:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would change her.

Answer by louise2 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Change her. It burns to lay in poo. What does LO stand for?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• wake and change..would you want to lay in poop?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well I don't wake them to change them. I sloooowwlly change them lol. To keep them asleep, and poop free.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Definitely change the diaper.  Knowingly leaving a baby in a poopy diaper is a no no.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 6:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• change it, does LO stand for little one?
    Jessica2195

Answer by Jessica2195 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• change the diaper im sorry i would not care if she went back to sleep or not i have twins and if they go to the bathroom i change them no matter what if they cry and do not go back to sleep or not its just something you just dont do
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• lo stands for little one. i would change the diaper. she could get a rash. just try to change her quietly and while she is still in bed. so you don't have to move her. maybe you should start putting her in a fresh diaper at nap time.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010