my 8 month old male chihuahua has signs of thining hair by his ears and in the middle of his back any one know what this might be?

he has not been itching or anything he eats normally and drinks and he is very playful is this normal?

mom4life2347

Asked by mom4life2347 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pets

• Thinning hair can be a several issues. He could be allergic to his food,or could be hereditary,lake of a certain ensymes . Have your vet ck it out. They can do a scraping to see if it's a dermititis issue, and prescrip meds for it. Good luck, and God Bless

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I also know that mange will cause them to lose their fur. It should be an easy fix. Just get him checked at the vet.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Maybe ear mites?
    Anonymous

• Perhaps the best advice should come from the vet since they have the right knowledge, education, and kit to determine the issue.
    Mooska

Answer by Mooska at 6:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• my dog goes through the same thing a few times a yr and going through it right now . my vet it is called flea dermatitis , the dog is allergic to fleas. they give them a steroid and tell you to wash them with bakeing soda and oatmeal bodywash , and put front line on them , in about a week you'll see the fur growing back
    avewomen

Answer by avewomen at 7:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2008