6 months pregnant...trouble dealing with depression and anxiety...ANYTHING I can do that's safe for me and my baby?

I already had trouble with depression and stuff before I got pregnant and it's sometimes worse now that I am pregnant...I'm not depressed about being pregnant or none of that..if anything that's what keeps me from completly losing it..but it's other stuff; so I need to know is there anything I can do or maybe vitamins I can take or SOMETHING that's safe for my baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you seriously need to ask your dr, either you OB or your psychiatrist if you have one. I took xanax occasionally when I was pregnant for anxiety and my baby came out fine. But I would ask ar first. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Try Vit. B. It is supposed to help. Is it seasonal? If so, get more Vit D. I hope your get feeling better. Surround yourself with uplifting people. Find things that make you happy.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Exercise will make a big difference. Chemically your body releases endorphines that will help to bring you closer to a chemical balance. Get out and go walking!
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 12:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Get out and walk. Surround yourself with yellows and oranges whether it be flowers, clothes, or whatever. I'll see what I can find in my herbal book for you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Talk to your OB. I was severely depressed with my son and ended up being put on Zoloft. I wouldn't do anything without talking to your doctor first.
    Anonymous