Young Mothers: Do you wish you would have waited to have children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I am 34 and my kids are 18, 10 and 8. My hubby and I are very happy with their ages and ours. Of course he would have like for the ages to be 18, 17, 16 right now but I was the one that wanted to wait.. I was 15 and he was 18 when we married. How many teenagers do you know that are still married after all these years.. That's why the age gap between #1 and #2. I hoped we would be together forever but at that age the odds were stacked against us and I did not want to be a mom of say 3 kids, still a teen and by myself.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had my first at 18... and I wouldnt change it at all. I love that I am a young mom ... I never had an intrest in partying or anything like that, and I just assume that when I am 40 and my kids are grown, that is the time I can take for myself and I would beable to enjoy it alot more....
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 6:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have no regrets having my precious baby. I'm not much of a partier. So it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't trade her for anything.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 6:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• ..i have no regrets..my son slowed me down, which probably saved my life. If i were to do it all over again i wouldve been smarter though...but wouldnt everybody? I consider myself young...even though i was 21 when he was born.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am in my 40's, & had my oldest at 21.....I'm also the daughter of teen parents. Obviously I'm glad my parents had me, & financially my parents managed to do very well. In many ways they were very responsible, & growing up.....I didn't know anything other than what my parents were to me. As an adult, I can now look back & see that although they were responsible in many ways & did their best, they really weren't as mature as they thought they were, & it would've been better if they had waited. They weren't partiers, but now a lot of the things that hurt me as a child, I can see happened because they were still kids themselves. At the time of course I couldn't see that, it just hurt.

When I had my son at 21, I thought I was so much older than they had been, but I look back & can see that my younger 2 boys had a better (not perfect) mom. Once it's done, you wouldn't go back, but if you can wait, I think it's better.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No. My baby wasn't planned at all (I wasn't even sure if I wanted kids when I got pregnant), but I wouldn't take it back for anything. I want another one in the next couple of years (my dd is almost 2, and I'm almost 21), but I doubt that will happen since her father and I are getting divorced. But I hope that someday I will find someone who also wants more children (that was the final straw with me and my husband).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• nope everything happens for a reason
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 7:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Nope. I had Samuel when I was 21. I'm very happy it all happened when it did.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 7:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was 17 when I got pregnant. If I would have waited, I probably wouldn't be in college or AS motivated as I am now. Nothing would fill me with more joy than my children and my grandma SEE me graduate college. I wish I would have waited FOR THEM -- I feel bad going to college because I'm so busy and tired all the time. But other than that, I'm glad they get to see me actually DOING it and I hope it will motivate them to want to do it when they get older.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010