All Hail the Asian Carp Czar

More of your tax dollars at work

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• These fish are high in Omega 3 and low in contaminants, encourage fisherman to start fishing for them, encourage pharmaceutical companies to start producing OTC O3/Fish Oil supplements cheaply. Also, encourage pet food companies to start buying the processed fish and maybe lower the cost of pet food. If anyone wants to eat these fish, and you can, give free fishing licenses to any and all fisherman willing to reduce the waters of the fish. There could be business incentives with this problem if this Stupid administration would stop giving favors in the way of paid positions or throwing money at the problem. Let the private sector be encouraged to make money on the problem.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• "This is a serious challenge, a serious threat," Durbin said. "When it comes to the Asian carp threat, we are not in denial.

No, we can't deny this fish is a real problem. We can deny that the American people want more stimulus money spent, don't want tax increases or, my favorite, we can deny the American people don't want UHC and a voice in their government, but don't deny this fish is a problem. Unbelievable.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Ok, so we got a Carp Czar. Can we get an illegal alien czar, now?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• 80 million for carp, as people lose their homes and can't provide for their families, certainly not practical but very transparent...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• At first I thought your title had a type..I thought it was a "car" czar....but geez a CARP czar? What are we paying them?

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If I were a guppy, I'd be pretty upset! I mean really! What has a CARP ever done to deserve that kind of special treatment??? They are basically overgrown goldfish, and everybody knows that they are the messiest fish in the tank!

On a more serious note, didn't they try to poison the water or something earlier this summer? I remember reading about this, they were trying to do something to kill off that particular fish before it got to Lake Michigan. If memory serves, they only managed to kill a few of the fish. So I guess that is why they need a czar, someone to devote all their time to fighting off this fish. Why don't they put a bounty on that fish, and let all the fishermen go fishing for them? That would probably be cheaper than paying a czar and his team.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Too little, too late, and too wastefully. Close the damn shipping locks and get a control in place before the asian carp devastate the great lakes ... but that's too easy for this administration, they've been dragging their feet all along and placing Michigan, it's tourism, it's jobs, it's citizens, at risk. And Michigan has already been suffering one of the highest unemployment rates in the entire country for years now.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Why does Asian carp need a czar all its own??
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL lovin

jewjew HEAR HEAR!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:35 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Close the f*ing locks.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010