For those of you with Teens in Sports... How many miles do you average in driving your teens for school, sports and other activities in a week?

I was just curious how many miles all you mom's average a week with your teenagers in school, playing sports and other activities. I have 2 teens in UCHS and thankfully I work in the school so I drive to school and home again and then my daughter is currently on the Varsity Volleyball Team so I have another trip to pick her up from practices. Just doing that racks up approximately 260 miles in one week and that does not include traveling to a game once a week (scattered thru out three counties) and a tournament on Saturdays.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I used to average 200 miles a week and I worked 3 miles from my house. The rest of the miles were carpooling to practices, games, play-offs, challenges, meets, etc. etc. etc. I can honestly say, that is part of my children's childhood I do not miss a bit! LOL
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Too many - that is why they call it the "mom taxi."
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would say somewhere between 160 - 200 miles a week maybe depending on where we have to go for the games.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My oldest is only 12 and plays pee wee football. His practices are close, but when he has an away game we put on about 250 - 300 miles. His team is bussed to away games, but we always drive in to watch him play and cheer on his team.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010