my son is 2 months old today..is it safe to put him in the pool yet or should i wait til he gets older?

cortez_mommy

Asked by cortez_mommy at 1:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wouldn't if you do put the wax earplugs so he doesn't get an infection
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• well if you do i would use a floaty device..one to sit it.

Personally i think its a bit early. We waited to take aurora in the pool till she was six months, however weather did affect that choice.

I do have a friend who took her son into the pool very early on and everything went fine.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Both my son and daughter went into the pool with me very young about 2 months old and they both did fine once they got over the first cold dip. Just hold him close to you and let him know you are there. I think if you are comfortable taking him in then go for it.
    CharlotteluvsJ

Answer by CharlotteluvsJ at 1:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• my daughter just turned 3 months and i put her in the pool and she really liked it...i hold her or put her in a floatie...she even feel asleep and cried when i took her out...
    locagurll1

Answer by locagurll1 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i swam with my babies, i think it's fun. they seemed to like it. just be careful, they get slippery!! LOL!
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 4:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I took my daughter in the pool as soon as her belly button was all healed and I was cleared by my Dr I think it was 6 weeks old. She is 1 now and loves the water.
    Syddasmom

Answer by Syddasmom at 8:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• MY DD was 3 months old the first time I took her swimming. DS on the other hand was 6 months. The difference between the 2 mainly was because we were taking DS also and he was 13 months old when DD was 3 months old.

I would limit the time in the water and make sure she has SUNSCREEN on and SHADE...get on of those baby-floaters with the umbrella for the shade....

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I don't see it as a problem. I did it with my daughter.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I read expert advice in a parenting magazine at my pediatritians office on this the other day. It said not to put your baby in the pool until they are 6 months because of all the stuff that grows in it can make them sick. Also it said make sure the water is at least 80. If it feels cold to you it will feel very cold to your baby because their skin is so much thinner.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 12:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2008