When to seperate them?

I have b/g twins who are about to turn 3 next month. They refuse to be apart. When we moved them to a big bed we only got one because they always slept together and refused to sleep apart. Is this still an okay age for them to be together for bed time? If so what age would be a good cut off age?

2and2onway

Asked by 2and2onway at 6:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think it is fine for now. If they will be in different bedrooms soon you can talk about how the rooms will be decorated, etc and see if they show an interest in separating. Take it slow so it doesn't become a struggle and get prolonged.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• not sure, have you tried putting 2 beds in the room so they have a choice?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think it's still an o.k. age but it might be a good time to start making a gentle transition apart while you still have time before it becomes 'unaccpetable'. I think that once they start school (about 5 or so) you would want to have them in seperate beds (even if they are in the same room)
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My b/g twins are 4 and still have to sleep together. They have to be touching or they wont sleep.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 10:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• wow if they like it that way then I wouldn't change it, but bring it up every 6 months to see if when they would like there own beds.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• It might be a good idea to read or go on line about Twins and their habits. They are not like having one child or having an older and younger child. They have their own language, taste, one gets hurt while the other will feel the pain, and a bond that was forged in the womb. Praise God they get along together and enjoy each others company! Thngs will transpire natually. Like I said, get some books from your library to give you a better understanding. You're going to needed it. I don't mean it in a bad way. Its quite exciting to watch the relationship of twins. And if they let you in their world, all the better for all of you. Enjoy!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• heres a bump cause i dont have twins.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I think its fine.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:46 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My friend has b/g twins and they are 7 and still end up in each other's bed. They are so close and even if they go to bed in their own beds they end up together.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:05 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• i don't think it's an issue... however i would have 2 beds so that they know that the option is there... if you PUSH it, they will just want to be together more... so just get a second bed... and let them choose...
    i don't think it's an issue, or inappropriate at this age.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010