Motivation for loosing weight?

I cant seem to stay motivated.. I use Weight Watchers on and off, and loose weight each time I do it, usually loose about 15 lbs then just stop doing it.. And wind up gaining about 5 back each time. Everytime I start to think I look alright when I loose the weight, for some reason I start cheating more, then eventually quit.. Whats wrong with me!? What can I do to keep myself motivated?! I only have 30 lbs to loose and it seems impossible at this rate! I have a gym membership and NEVER use it. I just dont like to go.. What can I do to motivate myself? Thank you ladies and please dont bash me :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• listen, the gym is great. starting is the hardest part. once you get started, you will feel so great, and have so much energy, it will be so much easier. Once you start working out, you will loose weight so much faster so just hurry up and get started. give yourself one cheat day a week, the faster you loose the weight, the sooner you can cheat more. you can have 2 cheat days a week once you loose the weight and if you work it off it will be like you never ate it.
    nothing tastes as good as skinny feels :)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Obese persons are at increased risk for developing numerous medical problems including insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, stroke, sleep apnea, gallbladder disease gout, osteoarthritis, and certain forms of cancers.

and if that doesn't motivate, I don't know what would
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 6:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I totally understand. I need to find my own motivation. I have considered paying for a personal trainer to get me accountable and into a routine. I have friends who exercise (at 6 am, too early for me). I just ordered a new wii exercise game and hope it will be fun and different enough to make some progress. Good luck.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 7:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had a gym membership, and went three times. I let it expire. Then I just got some workout dvd's I could do at home for fun, and a good pair of tennis shoes. Just walking alone will make a difference. I'm not too keen on any "programs" to help you. Just get the appropriate amount of exercise and eat sensibly.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with purplebutterfly
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Wearing whatevere you want!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You have to find your motivation and then remind it to yourself whenever you are tempted to stray from your goals. My personal motivation is my son- he was born with health issues and I want to be as an example of health for him. My whole family is active. Some tips:
    fail to plan and plan to fail- have all of your meals planned out- take the guess work out of the equation
    find some sort of exercise that you like to do and keep doing it. You don't have to go to the gym- I personally don't love the gym. I enjoy being outdoors and moving. All I need for a good workout is a jog stroller and running shoes.
    Turn health and wellness into your hobby. Health is so much more then jusst losing weight. Learn about nutrition and how different foods affect your body. Learn about different ways to destress. Approach your health with a holistic attitude. You're worth it!
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I posted a pic of the body I wanted on my bathroom mirror. I looked through magazines for a shape that was my body type but more toned, I cut off the head and taped the picture on the mirror. Every morning there it was in front of me, what I was working for!

Answer by missanc at 9:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• IDK sweetie.. Im 70lbs overweight & have some great reasons to loose weight (have baby #2, be healthy, feel better in my body, go out dancing again & feel ok on the dance floor, sit in dh lap without worrying.. but have only been able to lose 8lbs in 9months!!
    Every night I go to bed feeling "great" ... Im gonna work out tomorrow, Im gonna walk on the treadmill, Im gonna do better! BUT I wake up in the morning, feel like crap, no energy, bla... I do house work, care for my dd.. and then its time for dh to come home & the day is gone...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010