How long do you think High School students should have in between classes to get from one class to another and what ever else is necessary?

Our high school used to have 3 minutes in between classes and sometime over the past 20 years the time was expanded to 5 minutes. Well, this week the school decided to shrink that time from 5 minutes to 4 minutes and add that saved time to a class period. Some of the kids are really throwing a fit about it! I honest think that they could go back to 3 minutes. It would be a reality check for those who can't make to class in 5 minutes to begin with!!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in

• That would depend on the size of the school building. 3-5 minutes should be fine.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 6:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• To be honest it all depends on how big the highschool is.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree that it depends on the size of the school. My son is a freshman and his classes are all spread out, his high school is pretty big, he gets 5 minutes. I went to the open house at the beginning of the school year; parents rotated to the child's classroom every 15 minutes and they had 5 minutes to make it to the next class, my son walked with me to all his classes and 5 minutes barely cut it, I couldn't imagine the kids making it to their locker then to class in less time than that.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I went to a pretty big campus and we were alotted 10 minutes between each class, but then we started block scheduling so Monday we would got to period 1 for 2 hours have a 15 minute break got to period 3 for 2 hours have lunch then go to period 5 for 2 hours then go home. The next day would be periods 2,4, and 6
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My son has five minutes but he says it takes him two or three minutes.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• So...what if they have to pee? You cannot pee, grab your books and get in your class in a seat that quickly.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids high school has 4500 students and the campus is the size of a community college and they get 8 minutes in between classes. Still not enough time if they have to go to their lockers, which my boys just carry their heavy books because they would never make to their classes in time. They need more like 10 minutes.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It depends on how big the school is. We had 15 minutes between classes (we were on a block schedule, which was 4 classes a day) 1 & 2, then between 3 & 4 (we had to go to the cafeteria during that time, and we could get drinks or snacks, or use the bathroom). Between classes 2 and 3 we had a 25 minute lunch. I think that at a normal high school, if it's pretty small, 5 minutes. If it's a big school, 10 minutes. Kids have to pee, too, and sometimes do other things between classes as well (in the bathroom and otherwise). I'm sorry, but 5 minutes wasn't long enough for me to run to my locker, go to the bathroom and change my tampon and pee, then run up or downstairs (sometimes 2-3 flights of stairs) to my next class (that's how long we had in jr. high when we had 7 classes a day).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i would say 5 mins
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids had 6 mins. in between classes- Def., Not more than that- i think 5 mins. is good!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 6:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

Next question in
COLLEGE GRANT!!!! HELP...Please

Next question overall (Health)
Nuvaring ?