What are some twists on the average sandwich that my teens can use when taking a lunch?

They both have an early lunch at 10:30. Also, my daughter doesn't like it when something that should be cold gets warm!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• They are TEENS. Let them google it, be creative, try new things, figure it out for themselves.
    jinxandjoy

Answer by jinxandjoy at 6:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Wraps are nummy. So are Nutella sandwiches. I put an icepack in my son's lunch bag so it stays cool in there. Crackers and cheese with pepperoni slices.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My boys love chicken ceasar salad wraps. I make the salad, and toss it with a little white rice, chicken of course, parmesan or feta cheese, and ceasar dressing (although you could use any of course). With the rice it's pretty filling, and the boys request those. They also like wraps with cream cheese mixed with black olives, or roasted red peppers spread on the tortillas, then deli meat, and sometimes italian yellow peppers rolled up inside. They eat pitas with hummus and veggies. My guys aren't very picky though, so I can pretty much put anything in their lunches.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I keep my sandwiches cold by putting ice in a zip lock bag and then using the ice for my soda. I like to mix relish and a little salsa with tuna fish and mayo.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We love cream cheese on a sandwich. Wraps are a good idea. How about croissant sandwiches?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• pita bread stuffed with whatever they tell you would be good...I have been there and found out pita bread is very good at lunch and makes other kids wish you were there mom, lol also get insulated lunch bags and cold packs put things they like but skip the mayo, let them put it on them selves..you see the mayo makes for a soggy sandwich so if you get tiny little cups with lids put the mayo in there then they can spread it when it is time to eat.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:59 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My 15 year old usually brings a thermos with leftovers, or pasta and cooked veggies with some kind of sauce (marinara, cheese or peanut).

I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; send me a message if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:37 PM on Sep. 10, 2010