Period every 2 weeks?

For the last 8 weeks I've been getting my period every 2 weeks when it's normally ever 4 weeks. Has anyone ever had this before/what could this be? I absolutely detest doctors and only go about myself if I think it could be serious.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• I think you should probably see a doctor. This isn't normal and it could be bleeding due to something other than your cycle.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm going through almost the same thing. I had miscarriage in may, period in june and july, then august it came 1 week early. then in sept it came one more week earlier.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 7:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i had it for 3 months strait..i was bleeding in what shouldve been my ovulation time...i think its called ovulation bleeding or you can google anovulatory bleeding..either one. I would try to explain it to you but its easy to understand really if you read about it...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Are you on birth control? if you are having breakthru bleeding on the pill, it can mean it is not strong enough for you. If you are not on birth control, it could be several different reasons. Endometriosis, fibroids, estrogen dominance, etc.... Either way, as much as you hate to do it, you really need to go see your doc.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The decline in estrogen levels that happens during the middle of your menstrual cycle can cause bleeding, which is sometimes described as an ovulation bleeding. It is true that the decline in estrogen is closely linked to ovulation, but in the majority of women who do have ovulation bleedings on a regular basis, they show up just before ovulation.

For some, this bleeding can be a great way of knowing when they are fertile. Like an implantation bleeding, the “ovulation bleeding” consists of light spotting. And like an implantation bleeding, ovulation bleeding happens sometime between the onset of one period and the date the next menstruation is due.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• thats a little bit of info i found and copied
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I've had 2 periods in 3 weeks, but mine is due from stopping the depo shot and the hormones
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• ugh me too. ive had 3 periods in like 7 weeks.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010