My dr sent me to a hematologist, should I be worried?

I'm 8 months pregnt n I have a little anemia dat comes and goes, but my dr called me recently n reffered me to a hematologist. I dnt kno what to expect n I'm a little scared. Please help me kno a little more about this

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try to to stress just yet. Your doctor is probably just being extra careful. What the the reason he gave you?
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Don't stress -- it is probably just a precaution.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Take a deep breath and first find out whats going on. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• well the dr. told me it was because of my anemia
    Cristy-1208

Comment by Cristy-1208 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• probably because your on an iron suppliment and your not assimilating it properly. hemotology is just a blood doctor so they are trying to figure out why the iron isnt going through your system, sometimes its because oyu need an extra vitamin to help carry the iron through out your body. dont worry. it will be blood tests, no big. youve had plenty of those im sure.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no need to worry till the dr tells you there is a problem
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 8:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had blood tests done to figure out why my hemoglobin count gets so low. It came back that there is a problem with my red blood cells, but there's nothing they can do to "fix" it. It just lets them know that I am at risk of needing transfusions due to anemia, to keep an extra close eye on my count, and that it doesn't matter how many iron supplements they prescribe my hemoglobin is just not going to go up!

Answer by missanc at 8:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010