tax refund

My husband and I had to wait til August of this year to file our 2009 federal tax return. We filed electronically, and our refund status said that our refund would be sent to our bank account via direct deposit on Friday, Sept 10. Since this is a weekday and not a weekend day, do you think it will show up that day? We are a little concerned ( we badly need the money ) that it may take a few extra days to show up. If you filed your taxes electronically and had the refund wired to your bank account via direct deposit, did it show up right away or did it take a few days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ours took a few days to clear the bank. Contact your bank to find out if they put a hold on it (some banks will hold tax funds for up to 2 weeks).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes Im sure it will be there on Friday. It might be there shortly after midnight on Thursday.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 7:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• the state and fed gov do checks on firday', in most states that is, so if it does not come this friday it will be there next friday, but since it is not seasonal tax time it should be in your account early Friday morning. Goodl Luck
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It should be there yes, anytime it has said it for us it was direct deposited on that day, but that is us :-) Good Luck and I hope you see it tomorrow.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• How do you wait so long,I would love to wait that long.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm almost positive it will be in your account after midnight- No Worries:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We had to wait til August to file our 2009 taxes because we were playing student loans on a regular schedule ( if we weren't, we wouldn't get our proper refund )
    ProudMom093083

Answer by ProudMom093083 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010