Teething questions.

My son is 7 and half months and he's first two bottom teeth are coming in.... I've been trying teething cablets and tylenol.... those don't seem to be helping him what so ever.... What more can I try?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try some baby orajel! It works wonders for my little one!
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 7:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Baby orajel. Cooling teether toys. Motrin or Advil.
    jazzysgrammy

Answer by jazzysgrammy at 7:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• if he takes a paci you can put it in the freezer for awhile and the coldness will help with the pain. My daughter refused teething rings until I found ones that vibrated. We have 2 and she still uses them at 2 years... recently her last teeth started coming through.
    aecooper

Answer by aecooper at 8:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I use chloroseptic max and your LO is old enough for motrin (helps with the swelling and pain), tylenol only stops pain. I also put an ice cube in a washcloth and tie it off with a ponytail holder. This has worked very well for us and my LO is now cutting 2 yo molars and they are a lifesaver still.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Baby orajel works better than anything for my dd, cold teethers are great, too. Even just a wet washcloth that's been in the freezer for 20 minutes.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• baby orajel is not recommened by most doctors cause it numbs the tounges/throats of young babies when drinking an laying dn they tend to not be able to swallow their spit an can choke on the spit an milk..w/o u even realizing..
    but i use to get a couple of teething rings an freeze them in apple,pear,or any juice u are comfortable with an just keep switching them out when it starts to melt...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Baby orajel works great (it doesn't last long though so don't worry about your baby choking- he/she most likely won't drink when their mouth is numb anyways). The reason why it is not recommended for babies under 4 months (cleary not your baby) is because it slightly increases the heart rate. Teething tablets are all natural and work for most babies. Also, like others said, you may want to try motrin since your baby is over 6 months. Good luck!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Frozen teething rings you keep in the freezer, a wet face cloth, orajel if necessary along with these ideas ( I use a Homeopathic version). I have heard of babies chomping on carrots or cucumber? but I never did that. My son always gets really bright cheeks when teething bad, and sometimes I will give him some Tylenol at night if he is in discomfort.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010