What do I do about out of control boys ages 6 & 4? None of my discipline works!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going crazy!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids are super crazy too, when I don't run them under a routine. Like on weekends and holidays- they are off the wall. But since my oldest has started school this year, I get both my kids up at 7am and get them in bed by 8pm and they tend to be a lot calmer with organized schedule during the day. That works for me though, but every kid is different. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Time outs, taking toys away, taking tv away, spanking, umm....the list can go on and on, don't let them say no!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wish I knew but I have a 5 year old girl like this and her teachers and pediatrician say she's fine (despite hitting and spitting etc at school even).
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my daughter got completly out of control a few years ago. i took everything out of her room finally and made her help me carry it to the dumpster! of course after she went to sleap i got it all out and hid it in my closet, and then told her i would start buying one of her toys back once a week if she was good all week. it took her six months to get all her stuff back and she has been pretty well behaved for the most part since.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• "123 Magic" works
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• be firm in what ever discipline u do..the good book say Spare the Rod an Spoil the Child..there is no harm in spanking to let them know u mean business..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

Actually there is when one of the child's behaviors is hitting....not to mention not even reads or believes in the bible.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• *every one not even
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I need more info on the situation before I spout off any ideas.
    bluestreak35

Answer by bluestreak35 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have 4 boys ages 9,8,5,&3. They are a riot. I use 123 Magic and it works well. You just have 2 stick it and not give into the manipulative behaviors (whining, martyr, bargaining, etc. ) Goood luck =)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010