How much do you do for him?

My hubby is forever asking for a snack or something to drink or anything he could get for himself. I get those things for him without thinking anything of it. How much do you do for your husband?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 7:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• If he asks for something I get it. I know that he will do the same for me so I don't even think it's an issue.

My mom and dad, now there's a different story. My dad will be sitting by the phone, my mom on the other couch and when it rings, he will wait for her to answer it. Drives me insane and her too but she has accepted that life.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I do all of those things as well. I'm pretty traditional, and cook for him, serve his plate, do his laundry, find things he's lost, I doubt if he's even made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the last 22 years, but then he also does things for me. Keeps my car full of gas, takes out the trash, does all of the maintenance on our home and cars....and I probably haven't changed a light bulb in 22 years.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Laundry, dishes, keep a somewhat clean house, make his lunch for work, cook dinner... All the usual housewifey stuff. But he knows to get himself a snack or drink.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 7:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well if I'm up and getting something he might ask, and then I'll get it, but he doesn't ask me to GO GET SOMETHING, if I'm not getting myself something. He's the same if he's getting something for himself. Plus we always say thank you to each other when we do it too. Goes a long way!! Hopefully your S/O gets things for you too, if not, your need to start training him better. lol :)
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I do everything except wait on him.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I do if he asks, but that hardly ever happens. I do most things for him in the sense of cooking and cleaning, but I am NOT his maid.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My SO and I do everything for eachother. Sometimes he'll say something like he's got a headache and I'll get up and get him a pill and a drink. Then other times I'll say something and he'll get up and get me what I need. We both do the household chores. If I cook he washes the dishes, and if he cooks I wash the dishes etc.
    GenieBean

Answer by GenieBean at 8:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i do too much even at 36 weeks
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• we do for each other
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I do as much as humanly possible. He returns the favor too.
    bluestreak35

Answer by bluestreak35 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010