Are all Jewish Mothers Over Possessive of Sons or Just my SIL's?

I'm not trying to be rude in any way, I'm not Jewish, but my SIL's Mother is so possessive and overbearing she just makes us all think, are all Jewish women like this? Her sister has 3 sons & she doesn't seem at all like that with her sons. She can't stand her daughter so much, she lives out of state, & she's not the nicest MIL by any means. She also thinks my GR-Son walks on water, & the 3 girls are well, just there, as family members. Is it because they are males, or is she just the pain in the A- - we all think she really is?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know other mommies that way my mother was that way my brothers could do no wrong and well I was just there.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• well, i knew 3 jewish families in college and really wish i could tell you it's just a stereotype...... but it's not. they were all the exact same way lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no its just your family that is like im Jewish and my family as well and we are not like that so chill u wouldn't like it if i start stereotyping on your religious ways and the way u raise your family being an over bearing mom has nothing to do with religion but with the person
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wasn't stereotyping on your religion, as I said in my post, I was not trying to be rude. I just have had several people tell me a lot of Jewish Mothers are that way with their sons. It may be her way, because her sister isn't that way, but I heard conflicting stories. It was just what it was, a QUESTION, not an insult. So in other words, she is just a mean old A - - like I posted.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Sep. 10, 2010