Do you help your kids with homework if needed?

I help whenever I can to help ensure that they get the work done. Sometimes they need help budgeting their time when they have projects to do or otherwise they end up waiting till the last minute to finish them.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in

• yes, i also go over the homework with him to make sure he's understanding it.... but he's only in kindergarten lol. i plan to continue doing that when he gets older because i don't want him to be like me in high school..... doing my homework in homeroom the next morning lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes but mostly he helps me with math. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, the school requires that we sign a paper that we help every night.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Definitely. I helped when they were younger, and my 2 youngest boys are in college now, and still ask me to proofread for them, or help them study. I'm glad they know they can ask.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, everything except Algebra...I would only make that harder. I will always help my son, even when he is in college. All part of being a parent.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, I always help and/or review it before it goes back. Teachers expect that the kids will get help w/ their hw. Just dont give out the answers tho- guide them to it. Of course, once they start algebra, then they're on their own! lol :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i have a pre schooler... me or his dad sits with him to help with his homework...it's pretty fun to us..seeing our ds learn :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 7:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Of course I help hi but we butt heads alot because he wants me to just give answers and I want him to try and figure things out.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yep. I help my little man, **Notice I said help..** I go over things with him, double check & if he got something wrong I make him explain to me how he came up with that answer. =) I'll do that until he stops asking. (He's five.)

But I refuse to give answers. I'll check it until Im blue in the face, I'll help him all I can, but I will no give an answer.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My son is in 1 st grade so I have to over see all of his homework form making sure it gets done to making sure it gets done well. I wish they would hold off giving homework until the parents don't have to hover over them for 3 hours until it's done. I mean I can only keep my 3 year old occupied and quiet for so long while I help him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010