Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

As a step mom would you confront the bio or just call social services anonymously?

What would have to happen in order for you to call social services on your sd's bio?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (7)
  • I would if I felt like the health or well being of the child was in jeopardy. Do what is in that child's best interest.

    Answer by coala at 7:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • It's a very general question but if you feel there's any danger to the child's welfare then you should.

    Answer by leah_rai at 7:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Is she being abusive? Neglectful? Is the child in immediate danger? You need to discuss whatever it is w/ your husb & make the decision together. If you just call on your own, it could come back to bite you. I'm not saying to ignore your instincts, but involving social services is a big deal & shouldn't be done unless she is guilty of the 3 things I mentioned.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Severe neglect, bruises from beatings, sexual abuse. I would NOT confont the bio. It would probably just make it worse for the kid and then she WOULD know it was you reporting her.

    Answer by karamille at 7:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • That's why I couldn't be a stepmama I have my own kids to deal with.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 8:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • i have my own child and I also have 2 step-children. I love being a momma ofcourse i love my child more then anything but my step-children mean a lot to me also. If there was ever anything that my step-children needed or were in danger then i would be right there for them and they know our door is always open for them. I have a very close relationship with my SC and there mother is a very good mother and her and i get a long wonderfully.

    Answer by raemommy at 8:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Depending on what it was. Her saying things 2 them or punishing them 4 accidents/peeing I would talk 2 her. If more severe hitting, neglect, abuse, their safety and welfare in danger I would report 2 CPS. All depends on the circumstances and severity.

    Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.