Why isnt it child abuse to smoke in the house with your children?

you should be able to call CPS on people smoke around there kids all the time.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 7:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• it is child abuse and also endangering the welfare of your child. so is pot smoking.
    1grandma1950

Answer by 1grandma1950 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• "HAD to smoke" No one has to smoke. It's not like breathing.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well if you didn't have to smoke in the first place then you didn't have to smoke inside...

Sorry if I offended you I just have tough views on this since secondhand smoke really worries me at the moment.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree. How hard is it to go in the yard/smoke in the garden?
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 7:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• it is if you ask me..house, car, standing next to your kid...go somewhere away from them
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i think some cases are really really sad...i've seen parents at my sons prek last year who had kids who were doing breathing machines..along with my son...but some of those parents that dropped the kids off in the mornings would be sitting in the parking lot smoking with the kids in the car waiting for 7:30 to roll around to drop the kids off. very very sad and i think if your child has any asthma related issues..yes child services should be involed...that is disgusting
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Actually I read something about if you are caught in your car smoking with young children in the back seat you could get fined but I don't know if that is in all states or not. They are just beginning to realize how much of an impact that second hand smoke has on children.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Second hand smoke has been proven to be harmful and children should not be submitted to it. Honestly, I don't think smoking should be allowed in public places at all. There are all kinds of EPA restrictions on emissions, why isn't someone putting regulations on giving spreading carcinogensaround?  I don't want cancer or lung disease or anything else (or worse yet, my kids to get it) because someone else wants the luxury of smoking in public.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• if this becomes grounds for removing kids from the home, how long before those living near refineries are similarly punished? how about near heavy power lines? how about junk food diets? where does the line get drawn

before I get flamed, and for those who can't tell the diff, I'm NOT endorsing smoking around kids.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• it's sad, the kids have no choice...but calling cps? a little extreme I think (and no, I don't smoke!)
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010