• In the Spotlight:

What is the best Hawaiian Island fo rmy family of 4 to visit?

We will go this summer and I need to start planning so ANY tips would be greatly appretiated. Thanks!

andieb75

Asked by andieb75 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Travel

• Well, I've been to Oahu and Maui. I really didn't care for Oahu that much but Maui is awesome!! Loved it! We stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was a really neat hotel and a little kitchen if you are taking a family. There are tons of things to do. Have fun!
    nldeviney

Answer by nldeviney at 5:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• we like Maui better but its more expensive than Oahu.oaho is more like a city with abeach not as cultural and laid back as maui
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 6:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think Maui is most resortish. I have been to Kauii and that island is very quiet and rural.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have to disagree with you slyvester, Oahu has just as much cultural events and activities as Maui.
    Oah'u has, of course, Waikiki Beach, the North Shore, Mokapu Point (gorgeous!!), Pearl Harbor, Kaneohe Bay, Chinman's hat, etc......

Oah'i is more active than Maui --thus is why I recommend it over Maui for a first time visit w/ two kids.

You'll want to be able to some kind of "life" (to keep kids busy) whether it be on Waikiki Beach, Polynesian Cultural Center, or kayaking to two off shore islands with TwoGood Kayaks (I HIGHLY recommend this activity!!!)
    MyTravelBiz

Answer by MyTravelBiz at 9:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2008