Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What is a good way to bring up you want to leave your relationship?

or that you are leaving especially if you know S.O is going to WIG OUT, and is prone to violent outburst and irrational thinking, would letting him come home to an empty house then served? Or take him to a legal office, or counselor have a 3rd party present for protection?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • I think you need to go with that which you feel most comfortable with since you know him the best and how he will react to such news

    Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • i like the letting him come home to an empty house idea. ESPECIALLY if he is prone to outbursts. There is no good way really....just do whatever you can to protect yourself.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 8:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • protect yourself and make sure you have a place to go first. if he's going to trip than pack and go before he gets home.

    Answer by canta1980 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I would pack my stuff and leave while he's at work if he has violent outbursts. I know what it's like to be in a situation like that, and you don't need it. Run and never look back.

    Answer by GenieBean at 8:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I would just leave and if he is violent do it at a time when you have about four or more hours pack up what you need and only what you need and get out be safe. GL Momma

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I would pack your shit and the child/ren and have him come home and get served then having a restraining order et up would be your smartest move. Or you could have him served at work and have his shit al packed and at the end of the drive way for him, Getting a restraining order depending on what your state laws are for getting one. You may really want to have a plan and having someone staying with you at all times for a week or so when you do this would be pretty smart also.
    If you can just put this all out on the table and have him stay calm and leave or you leave that would be a pretty thing also. A man like you are speaking about is a lot to judge so you best bet is to stay on the safe side of things.

    Answer by raemommy at 8:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I just did this one! I went 2 my moms and called him when he got off work and told him. Stayed @moms for 2 weeks while he moved ad came home 2 a trashed house with holes in the walls. But I was safe and my kids were safe. GL 2 you!

    Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 8:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • i suggest letting him come home to an empty house. if he's going to harm you by trying to leave him. then leave when he's not there. get a restraining order if he's abusive. good luck.

    Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Leave safely & let him come home & figure it out. Make sure he can not find you.

    Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Either I would pack my things while he's away and leave. Leaving him with nothing but a note on the door that it is over and not to contact me. Or I would have a third party present. I am more likely to do the first option if he is prone to violent outbursts though. That way you're out of there and aren't going to be attacked or put anyone else in danger when he flips out. Make sure you tell trusted friends of his behavior, so that they can keep your secret of where you are if he comes to find you. Don't let him know where you're going, just leave.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
How much do you do for him?

Next question overall (Health)