Resisting the urge

I'm trying to lose some weight and I"m on the slim fast diet (two shakes, two bars, and 1 500 calorie meal a day)...any tips on resisting the urge to eat more? I'm still so hungry!

an-apple-a-day

Asked by an-apple-a-day at 8:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Drink alot, also,. what are you eating in the 1500 cal. ? When the bars are in your system, that doesn't mean that the urge to NOTeat will be there. You naturally will burn more calories, and to eat more may simply be your body crying out for more calories to burn the already built on weight. All people have entirely different metabolisms.

Do you add fiber and fruit, like bananas, apples. Oats.?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i would just count calories instead of doing slimfast. i went on a 1200 cal/day diet with great success and i wasn't too hungry. you can eat alot of veggies and fruits to fill up and not use alot of your calories
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Are you drinking your eight glasses? Sometimes that helps me as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Make sure you're getting enough calories. You shouldn't go below 1200 calories a day.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Slim Fast is terrible. There is really nothing healthy in it and you basically starve yourself which just makes it harder to lose weight. Your better off just watching your calorie intake and exercising. Don't ever go below 1200 calories a day.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 11:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010