My phone came up missing and 2 days later there was activity showing on my online bill of a text to one of my nephews friends. Asked his mom about it. He is denying it. What do I do

We had gone out of town for a softball tournament for the weekend, which I play with my inlaws. Afterwards we went to the mountains. I had my cell phone when I left my camper, which I left my phone in the camper. I asked my nephew to get something out of the camper. Went back to camper that night and my phone was gone. He denied taking the phone or seeing it. 2 days later I checked my online bill and there were text messages being sent and recieved from a # I didn't recognize. I asked his mom if she knew the #. It was the nephews good friend. He said he didn't do it but used my phone without permission at the softball tournament 4 days prior. The billing is not that far off. I called Verizon and they said it was used on that Tuesday, the day after the day my phone came up missing. My nephew is denying everything and I'm the bad guy. So I have no phone and lost EVERYTHING in my phone. What should I do?

rbade

Asked by rbade at 8:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• If you have Verizon, you can add the tracking option and see if you can track it down :-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• cancel the phone

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Show her the proof and if you have not done so already cancel the plan on the phone so he doesn't run it up any more. It sounds like he should reimburse the expense of setting up a new phone.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• did you call the phone company and ask them if you can locate it using the gps? since it's apparently being used? i would think it's your nephew too, but unless you catch him with it then it's just nothing you can do unless he confesses
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Every use 'Wheresmycellphone.com'?
    Someone just posted this question in the "Just For Fun" section!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would call the company and find out if they can shut it off or at least track it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Call the phone from a number that NO ONE WOULD KNOW.Cancel the phone get a copy of all activity.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I sent his mother the online statement showing the usage and I'm still the bad guy. My father inlaw told me to get my facts 1st then told me not to come around their place. Luckily my husband is behind me. The phone has not been used since Tuesday with his texts. I've been monitoring it. Verizon told me I could get a print out after the billing cycle ends and get a detailed print out of what the messages consisted of. I thought about doing the tracking but can they still track it if the phone is shut off. I'm sure the battery is dead by now or destroyed.
    rbade

Comment by rbade (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Kenzie07 I just looked up Where's my cellphone website and it calls it if you have misplaced it like in your house or something.
    rbade

Comment by rbade (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would have a one on one talk w/him w/out the mother around.. His mother wouldn't know the # anyway.. Your phone was missing, the timing w/the nephew to me is a no brainer.. Got to follow the mystery to you get an answer.. I know I would. I wouldn't care what others think of me.. Wasn't their phone.. The nephew needs to own up.. He has to know your not dropping this.. Take Care, Donna....
    dobrd

Answer by dobrd at 8:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010