Whats up with bed bugs making such a big come back?

It kind of freaks me out.
You can pick them up almost anywhere it seems.
from a carpet, someone elses clothing.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• ppl traveling in an out of town
    the weird weather that we have been having lately..also so many ppl becoming homless that they are staying house to house to hotel that the bedbugs are having family reunions all over the place
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The ability to travel to many different countries and people being so nasty.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You said it Sabrina! The DDT isn't around to kill the little buggers anymore. We are scheduled to go to an Orlando resort in one week. I was looking online at reviews and saw a post about reported bedbugs!!! I'm freaking out! Then, the more I looked, I uncovered bedbug complaints relating to many Orlando hotels! We broke our lease a couple of years ago and moved from one place to another b/c our downstairs neighbor did missionary work in India and brought the things back to our apt. building. What a nightmare!!!! I will NEVER chance running into a bedbug EVER again!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have no idea but its freaking gross. Buses movie theaters. Even in the hospitals out here. I think UMDNJ && Beth Israel(I live in NJ). It makes me not wanna go anywhere.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• DDT was used to kill them before and we can no longer use it. They are starting to become immune to the other less potent pesticides and the more frequent travel especially overseas is not helping things.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We haven't had an issue with them locally, but it's easy to see how and why they are making the comeback they are. For years and years we sprayed chemicals (DDT) which kept the Bed Bug populations down, as well as other insects. However, because of the health risks to people we have finally stopped straying and are switching to less dangerous options... In doing so, we are not killing off the insect population the way we were. Combine that with the fact that more and more people are traveling to countries where the population of such insects was never controlled and the fact that our military is living in conditions perfect for the spread - which they are then bringing home... It was bound to happen.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• They need to make something then
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2010