MBM American Van Lines is this a good choice?

I plan on moving from S Carolina to Texas in October. I'm trying to find a good affordable moving company to load/unload and drive all of my household belonging to texas. So far MBM is offering to do all of this for about $1450 ... I just feel like it's to good to be true to ship my little 10 x 10 public storage unit stuff for that price. I also called American Van lines to see how much they would charge and it was about $2500. Anyone ever use MBM or any other moving company. If you have used MBM or any other moving company did you like how much you paid and were they professional through out the whole process.

ATREESAP

Asked by ATREESAP at 8:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Be careful when quoted a price that seems to-goo-to-be-true! When I moved from Dallas to Boston, the company never disclosed that they were going to ship my belongings to half-way points then reload it onto different trucks! When my stuff arrived, it was so damaged, it looked like the boxes were shipped from another continent! My furniture was dirty and destroyed, and an area rug was lost somewhere between reloads (never found). The company would never return my calls and I ended up having to go to the BBB. Then, we moved from Boston back to Dallas using North American Vanlines. I made sure that our contract stated that the contents would not be transferred to another truck. When it arrived, our furniture had some sort of bug infestation! OMG! We spent months getting rid of that problem, although American VL did pay for a dresser they damaged.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My best advice would be to read the fine print, be sure your belongings will not be transferred to another truck or company, call their complaint hotline just to see if they answer, and never pay cash. Beware that the movers will expect a 10 percent tip too! The movers were very vocal about this on the Dalls to Boston move! Ugh, I'm never moving again.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010