dilute juice?

I am going to give my 7 month old apple juice for the first time, its the gerber kind, how much should I dillute it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's the Gerber baby juice, then you should not dilute it. Actually, our dr says not to dilute juice because then it's diluting the vitamins and stuff. Just don't give juice a whole lot.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 11:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i've been giving my 3 month old pear juice on doctors orders(constipation) and they told me 1oz juice to 1oz water. and it was the gerber kind to.
    Anonymous

• I've always diluted my daughter's juice. Heck, I dilute mine sometimes - many are really strong! The standard measurement is no more than 6 oz. a day. Until my daughter was one, I only gave her 3 oz. of juice a day.
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You dont have to dilute gerber juice because it is made for babies.
    Ashley200804

Answer by Ashley200804 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Taste it. Does it taste more like sweet water? If not 50/50, if it tastes like sweet water its already diluted and you should not dilute it anymore.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Motts for tots is already diluted also.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I dilute mine 50/50 no matter what brand. I was told by a health practitioner that the only differnce between the gerber juice and regular juice is the price and name.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 2:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Yeah, I fill a cup with 2 oz juice and 2 oz water and let him sip it throughout the day. The juice actually keeps him regular (he gets blocked up sometimes).
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008