Baby pooping

my son was pooping hard so i took him to the doctor she said to change to oatmeal instead of rice and suppositorys once a day. And at last resort she gave me perscribtion to a medicine that lets him poop soft. But he was doing fine with just the oatmeal and suppositorys he wasnt straining to poop and it was normal. But now WIC has changed the formula to nestle goodstart instead of similac advance. I started two days ago giving him one bottle a day of the nestle goodstart. Today i'm suppose to start giving him two bottles a day of nestle. But he just went poop and he was straining and its thicker than what hes been pooping. Sorry continued below computer wont let me type alot at all

DanielleStover1

Asked by DanielleStover1 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is this maybe just because of the different formula?(oh and it seems like he gets a belly ache from the new formula...Is that normal to)if it is should i go get the perscription so he dosent start to poop hard? Or should i just wait and see what happens for a couple more days? I thought i would ask on here before i bothered doctor
    DanielleStover1

Answer by DanielleStover1 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• my son was also on similac and i switched him to good start. It actually softens the poop so maybe he's just adjusting. And yes i think its normal that he has a stomach ache cuz mine was like that too. I waited also and now things are fine n he is on good start.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 12:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Give it a few days on the good start. I just switched my daughter a few days ago to good start from enfamil due to bad gas and she is doing much better. The poops on good start are mushy but that is 100% normal. Give it a few days so she can adjust to it and then call your doc if you are still concerned :-)
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My son is on Enfamil and had a really hard time with the regular kind when he first started on formula. I switched him to the Gentlease and it seemed to be a lot better on his tummy. It is for fussy or gassy babies, which he was not, but it was just more gentle on his stomach. Does Nestle make an alternative formula like that? You might try it if they do.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• ask your ped to write WIC a note to cover your old formula. my ped wrote me a note so WIC will cover soy formula for my DS.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2008