Do you think it is possible to still be pregnant if HCG blood test came back negative?

Please read my situation and tell me what you think.
My LMP was August 13th (I am a 24-26 day person - I looked back at my chart and noticed this)
I got a positive opk on day 16 (however...it stayed POSITIVE for pretty much 7 days (test line DARKER than control line). So who knows when I really ovulated. I did have the 21 day progesterone test ran on day cd22 it came back at 16.6.
I have been taking Vitex to assist because I do have a progesterone issue... but I took this in order to get pregnant with my 2 out of 5 pregnancies (3 mcs and 2 live births).
Anyway- my period is 2 days late (and normally I will get 2-5 days of spotting before I even get my period on a 24-26 day cycle)...Ihave NO spotting or cramps...nada!
I did have hac ran this am...it came back at 2 (anything under 5 is not pregnant).
Is there still a chance if I ovulated late (but before Friday Sept 3rd-cause that's when I had the progesterone test)?

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 8:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No, blood test are pretty right on the money
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No I worked in a lab as a phlebotomist HCG shows in blood 8 days after conceptions, so if it came back negative you are not pregnant.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• maybe it's bc of all the meds you have taken for ttc that through off your cycles?
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yeah- but what if I didn't ovulate until last Thursday or wednesday... would a blood test even show up if it take like 7-12 days to implant and creat hcg?
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was on clomid once while ttc and would go every month for a beta HCG. On the month I actually conceived, my HCG came up 'inconclusive'- basically it wasn't zero, but it wasn't high enough to be considered a pregnant result. When I had the bloodwork redone in a couple of days it came up positive. I would ask for a retest, just to see if that '2' increases or not.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Normally blood tests are not given until a missed period which creates enough time for the HCG to build, everyday pregnant the higher the HCG number. if you think your pregnant and the test was negative give it 3 days and demand another one
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010