Did I already ruin this, I don't want to push him away?

So I made plans with my friend... we talked a lot about us, so we are working towards being together. Well we had plans for today and he cancelled them... I got worried and asked him if he was having second thoughts... he asked me why and I told him I was just asking. He said that he wasn't having second thoughts. I hate being insecure and I don't want to push him away with all my questions. He's been kinda shady throughout the rest of the conversation so I think that I may have already

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• lol, take a chill pill and slow down, Let him be the one to run after you. So he had something come up, no big deal. Now if it goes for a week,,then you got something to worrry about, one day,,,nah
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i agree. if he's truly interested he will be with you. sometimes things get in the way of plans. don't take it to heart unless he continues to do this.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Two things I have learned when I was in the dating world...1.Trust your gut instinct 2.Try not to show your insecurities
    But with the two things combined...its kinda hard,lol.
    You've already asked him the question..theres nothign you can do about it now. Don't go back and discuss it either,lol. I mean, don't ask him if your question pushed him away.
    Don't call him. Let him call you. Let him make the next plans to be together.
    Try not to think into it too much..overthinking things will drive you insane! Insanity is not what you want! lol..trust me..I've been there.
    Maybe even make plans with some of your friends to keep your mind off things and not be readily available to him. YOu don't want him to think your whole world revolves around him.
    Good Luck! Dating is fun..but such a PAIN IN THE BUTT TOO!!! The only thing I miss about those days is all the free drinks and dinners I used to get..hahaha :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Just see how he react in the future
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Stop asking soo many questions about his intentions or you will push him away.
    Relax. Take a deep breath. Keep yourself from harrassing him with "Why", "Are you Sure", "What-If" and just let it happen.
    If he does flee then that's on him as long as you keep your cool and don't get clingy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i like what kimberly said. i am the same as you when it comes to this topic but iam learning to be more secure and not to think so negative. dont automatically jump to the conclusion that he's not into you. you need space anyway so that when u see each other again its more exciting. just let things flow.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 9:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Go out and talk, or ask him over and just talk. Dreams fun anything. Just talk. See if you still both want it to go in the same direction. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010