My 22 week old snores- very loud.

.. should I be concerned?? I was always told that snoring means that you are not getting a good night sleep.

Lisa.Price

Asked by Lisa.Price at 9:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You shold talk to the pedi, I heard somewhere that means the adnoids need to be removed.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i agree do talk with pedi.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It could be allergies, it could be a cold, definitely call the doctor and ask about it when the office is open in the morning
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Talk to your pediatrician, but there are several things that could be causing this. My DS was a terrible snorer and had problems breathing. He has a deviated septum, and this is what causes his breathing problems. You can try getting a humidifier/dehumidifier in his room or put a wedge under his mattress so that his head is elevated. This can help with his breathing.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Talk to the doctor for sure, could be sleep apnea, or a deviated septum or a cold or lots of things. My DH snores like you wouldn't believe and has sleep apnea he is 35 and just now got to a doctor about it and was told he has sleep apnea. I wish that my MIL had taken him into the doctor about his snoring when he was a child. THey could have fixed it before now.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• guess most babies have deviated septa so don;t worry still of course see ur pedi about it:)
    nance209

Answer by nance209 at 2:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My little sister snored really bad when she was 18 months old, and she actually had to have her tonsils and adenoids removed that young. The surgeon told my mom that he had no idea how she was even able to breath with how big they were. I don't know if that helps, but I would definitely talk to your pediatrician
    Annikakaley420

Answer by Annikakaley420 at 2:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Thanks all! We have an appointment on Monday (We've made it this far so a weekend should be fine). I had to have my tonsills and adenoids removed when I was 6 months old because of breathing problems, too so I am a bit concerned. We do have a humidifier in his room which does not seem to be making a difference.
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My two youngest had Pediatric Laryngomalacia (that's a mouthful!) - where their trachea were omega shaped instead of smoothly curved. Scared me to death - but they both outgrew it shortly after their 1st bdays.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2010