kidney stones

my 17 year old has them they said she has a lot of small ones she had them for a couple months and they said to drink a lot of distilled water but still i feel soo bad they think she got them from calicum pills she was taking it didn't absorb though her body and just left stones iam not sure what to do?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Kidney Stones Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and ...
    When the stone sits in the kidney, it rarely causes problems, but should it fall into the ... This pressure build up causes the pain of a kidney stone, ... - 41k

Answer by vbruno at 1:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My body manufactures kidney stones and I have to say that's the worst pain I've ever endured. First I'd have her steer clear of calcium pills unless prescribed by a doctor. Eating foods rich in calcium if she needs it is better than pill form. Next follow the advice of drinking lots of water. It keeps the kidneys flushed out so the stones pass and don't accumulate making them larger and more painful when passed. There are several non invasive procedures they can do to blast them (with sound waves) to make them smaller if they do grow large in the kidney. Let the guilt go. Just give her a hug and hand her more water!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2008