Do you? have you ?or will you? explain to your children about Sept 11th?

For us when the kids get older we will explain it to them and this year as every other we will be lighting a candle for the fallen. Its important to us not to forget them.

mamallamaof2

Asked by mamallamaof2 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• To everyone who say no and to the lady that says it isn't a holiday. They WILL hear about it in class and it is a day called "Patriot Day"...it is even on my calender as such. It may not be a get out of work holiday, but, it is one none the less.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• I will one day, but not this year my dd is only 2.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• One day yes, my kids are too small to know and understand those things right now
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids were not old enough to remember so we have told them about it. I agree it is important for them to know what happened. Now that they are older we talk to them about many things I think it is wonderful to talk to them and get there view point on things.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have a soon to be 9 year old that knows all about it. He's a reader and ran across the topic himself somewhere several months back. He has since read an entire book on it.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We are talking about it this year as part of our social studies class. Our oldest is 15 so she remembers some of it, but our younger daughter is 11 so she really doesn't. Last year we studied Oklahoma history and covered the OKC bombing, this year it's American history and we will talk about 911. We also put out a flag each year - and the holiday is called Patriot Day, just because the banks aren't closed or the mail doesn't run does not mean that it's not recognized.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• My kids know what happened, they remember. And because my hubby is a vet, they understand the importance of it and we talk to them about it. We also light candles on 9/11.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Of course we will.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't have to.. my son is old enough to remember every single moment. :(
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids were all old enough to talk about it when it happened. They had heard the news while they were at school. So, it was the instant topic when we all got home that evening.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010