Bitch or Tough love? You be the judge.

Before I start I don't need any "I don't loan out my car" posts...I get it, trust me!lol I let someone borrow my EXTRA car for 3 days, which somehow she has managed almost 3 weeks. She has ran out of gas(called me to put gas in it and she had no $$), left garbage in it and I want it back. My hubby towed her car to a mechanic 60 miles away, to be nice and we have done enough.I told her a week ago friday morning it needed to be in my driveway ASAP. She says she doesn't have a ride home tomorrow after dropping off. I told her figure it out because it is expected to be back when I said. No later. I have plans and she's had 5 days to figure it out. Now she's asking me to drive her 30 minutes out of my way with no gas $$. Not gonna happen. Helped enough and It's time for this to stop....so bitch or tough love? I got suckered in trying to be nice, and feel stupid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• You're not being a bitch - in fact you've been nicer than I'd ever have been. I commend you.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think you've been nice enough. Tough love.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Take a friend along and go get it from her house. If she gives you hell,call the police

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Just sounds like you are telling her the way it is and you have helped out more than enough already. She can figure it out for herself or wear some walking shoes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• oh and,tough love!

• Tough Love.....you are enabling her and it is time for her to stand on her own 2 feet and be a woman.

Take it back, take the keys, AND put a cheap club on it.....you know she probably got a key made by now and wil "help herself" to the car without even asking
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Tough love. Give her an exact date that you need your car back and tell her you are unable to give her a ride.She will just have to figure something out.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• OH MY GOODNESS... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.... Where does the help end and the using begin... ? Youhave to draw the line somewhere. Maybe she could RENT the car and pay you the money AHEAD OF TIME.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Tough love. You've been nicer than I would be.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You are not being a bitch although I am sure she will see it this way. You have helped her plenty, time for her to stand on her own 2 feet.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 9:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010