Animal Hoarders

Have you ever watched this show? What do you think about it? Its kind of sad and kind of heartwarming at the same time.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm watching it right now with my kids (because there isn't anything else on). This one woman has like 300 cats! I mean, I love cats but geesh.
    We actually had an animal hoarder in our old neighborhood. Ever since I was a kid the house around the corner was known as the "cat house". They always have tons of cats running around. They live in the garage mostly but they also have some inside and they have a big dog (just one that I know of...I see the guy walking him all the time). The whole yard smelled horribly.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have wanted to see it. What channel is it on?
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 9:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I didn't see the one about hoarders but I saw the one with cat ladies. They had between 16 & over one hundred. Saving cats that would just be bred to death or some other cruel death Etc.. Its something though. When you have multiple cats. People always want to give you another one!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We were just watching that. It's sad that people feel lonely enough to fall into that kind of behavior. It really is. It's also gross but I'm not gonna sit there and judge that person for what they do. It's just sad.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Obviously these people needed therapy -before the hoarding began- over something else that happened in their life..
    Its sad for the person since they usually are struggling financially because of the animals, their health is suffering & their social life (family/friend) is being compromised.
    And on top of that, its almost animal cruelty to have that many animals together. The few that I seen the people would admit the animals have never been outside (fresh air/sunlight come to mind)... Its not good for us to live in our "mess", so im sure its just as bad on the animals to live in their feces, urine, pet dander..
    If it effects our lungs, kidneys and other things- what is it doing to those small animals bodies?!
    Very sad for all involved.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have watched hoarders, but not animal hoarders
    jodigalvin

Answer by jodigalvin at 11:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Animal planet.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• One lady has 9 dogs and 32 cats. Another has multiple dogs but cant afford them but can't let them go. If you can afford them and live healthy with them then that's good. But having a nasty home full of sick animals and people is no good.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010