How do you forgive yourself after you cheat? adult content

I was dating two guys, but one was long distance, the other wasn't. I slept with the one that wasn't. I've since broken up with him and am with the one that was long distance, now I wish I hadn't. I didn't exactly cheat, but I feel really bad about it because I thought sleeping with a man was a big deal. When I divorced my husband (the only man I'd been with) I wanted to have sex with someone, anyone, else so that he wasn't the only one anymore. I knida cheated but part of it is that I just regret that stupid mistake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I am not sure what you have to forgive your self for. You really cheated on your self. Some how your going to have to move on. Sleeping with a guy or having sex with a guy is no big deal. It was not like you gave your soul to him. Just make sure you use a condom if you do it again. Sex can give you std's.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• im confused. who did you cheat on?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I duuno. The only cheating I do is on my diet, =P I just make a promise to myself to do better tomorrow because I can't undo today, That philosophy would apply to your situation as wel....
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You were dating two guys and you think you "didn't exactly cheat?" Ummm...

You get over it by fessing up and explaining this to the guy you ended up with. If it's meant to be, he'll forgive you, if not, he'll leave and hopefully you will learn from your mistakes.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I dated two guys at once when I was in high school. Neither one knew about the other. I ended up chosing the loser of the two. I do feel bad that I chose the wrong guy. Not that I was dating them at the same time. I had a blast!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm confused. Are you with either of the guys now? Was one of the guys your husband? It sounds like you are telling two different stories and jumbled them together
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I haven't. I thank my lucky stars everyday that I have a truly forgiving husband and vow every moment to never repeat that horrible mistake.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010