Temp Jobs for pregnant women.

I'm moving to PA October 1st and can't transfer my job. I'm also 6 months pregnant so I doubt anyone in their right mind will hire me. Do you think I can go to a temp agency? What kind of work should I look for. Do temp agencies pay good?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I did that when I was pregnant with my first child. I worked for a small business, and my boss sold the company to someone out of state when I was 6 months pregnant. He was planning to start another business and take me with him, but that never happened so I decided to temp hoping that I could find enough assignments to keep me busy until the baby was born and maybe something would pan out into a permanent position. I went to a couple of temp agencies and one found me a 6 week assignment as a receptionist making $11 an hour (which wasn't bad during that time in my life). Not to toot my own horn, but I must have really impressed those folks because they didn't want me to leave but didn't have anything available. About 12 weeks after my baby was born, they had a payroll position come open and they called me immediately. I got very lucky and have been with that company for 3.5 years now!
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Nope not really, but anything is better than nothing..
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If you're interested in working from home...this is what I do.

https://my2scents.scentsy.us

NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 9:10 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Temp jobs pay you according to what the client is willing to pay for the position. Go in and tell them the truth. Tell them what the minimum per hour is that you'd accept. At the very least, it will help out until the baby arrives or you find a permenant postion, whichever comes first.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:43 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Here is something you can do to make moneywhile you are pregnant and after you have your baby. Check out these websites www.reneersmith.greatcareerplan.com and www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/reneersmith
    RED57

Answer by RED57 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010