gymnastics for boys??

so my 8 year old isn't very athletic but he just signed up for gymnastics this year- i'm super excited for him, BUT do you think when he tells the kids at school that they'll tease him?? you know how some people think gymnastics is for girls.....

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hmm I shouldn't think so. But if they do give him a picture of those male gymnasts to show them! I'd say they were the strongest, manliest men out there with their huge muscles!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not anymore, I think he will be accepted. We have lots of boys on our team, and male coaches-they are awesome.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think so at 8. I have an 8 year old boy and I can't see any of his friends teasing a kid about that. I think they would still think it is cool.
    chije

Answer by chije at 9:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm going to go against the grain here and say that yes, I think he'll be teased. Maybe not by his friends, but it'll be something that someone who isn't his friend can target. But if he enjoys it and it makes him happy, who freaking cares, right? :-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would hope not, but you know there will always be that 1 bully
    jodigalvin

Answer by jodigalvin at 11:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010