how can i start contractions if walikng doesn't help?

bigma756

Asked by bigma756 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• wait for nature to take it's course.
    Anonymous

• Have sex
    Anonymous

• Yeah, if you haven't started labor yet baby might not be ready! There is a natural chemical in the babies lungs which is what starts everything else! I lost my water before starting to have contractions, but the contractions came soon after and he was born about 27 hours after I lost my water, at home no less! So the whole "has to beborn within 1 day of losing water because of bacteria" is a lie, except at hospitals! At hospitals you are open to MORE bad bacterua than at home-but that is a whole different discussion
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 12:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I took a warm bath. I know your probably tired of hearing it, but you don't want to force your body into labor. Your baby will come when it is ready!!!
    TexasMoM916

Answer by TexasMoM916 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• sex. but why rush it?
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am probably going to be labled a monster but there are multiple ways to kick start your labor. I would not reccomend any of these with out APPROVAL from your dcotor...
    Nipple stimulation, sex with internal ejaculation (the semen helps soften the cervix), squatting and bouncing, walking obviously, cleaning that involves alot of bending movements ie laundry loading and loading the dishwasher etc...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Ive heard having sex helps induce labor.
    Anonymous