how do i get my 4year old daughter to want to go places with someone but me??

my 4 year old and i have always done lots together but now i can't get her to go places with anyone other than me... this makes it hard on my husband because he feels left out and hurts him toom i think.. he tries to get her and my son to do stuff with him so he is with both of them but now all she wants in me ... what can i do to change this???

reckgeth2

Asked by reckgeth2 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• HUN, MY FIRST BORN WAS LIKE THAT AND SHE IS 31 YEARS OLD AND SHE IS STILL THE SAME WAY. SOMETIMES OUR BONDS ARE STRONGER THAN OTHERS. SHE WILL SOMEWHAT OUTGROW IT, I DON'T THINK THERE IS MUCH YOU CAN DO EXCEPT EXPLAIN TO HER THAT DADY WANTS TO SPEND TIME WITH HER TOO AND SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T GO.
    HUBBY SHOULD FEEL THAT YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOM, AND THIS IS WHY SHE ALWAYS WANT TO DO THINGS WITH YOU.

Answer by older at 2:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I know where you are coming from as my daughter does the same with my husband. When it comes time to go to daycare we have to park my husbands car and then he gets into the drivers seat of mine and then he drops me off at work then takes her to daycare. I wish I had a better answer for this and whenever we scold her whether it is my husband or me she comes crying to me. I have tried to explain that Daddy loves her too just as much as I do... it still gets me nowhere.

Germaine967

Answer by Germaine967 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Try trips like going to the store to help mommy. Maybe daddy and her can buy mom a small gift, like candy, or a new hair brush..anything like that. If he went to his relatives house, could she make a craft there to take home to mom? He could remind her to try to remember stuff, so when she got home, Mommy could hear all about it? Maybe she feels that going with dad means she is abandoning you, or feels bad because you are not there with her havinga good time. It could be guilt, or who knows? But maybe if she felt you were not totally cut out of the trip, she would relax a little more until she got more used to it. She may always be closer to you, but you are right to want her to have other close relationships. It's healthy.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 11:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2008