my 3 year old with an attitude

my daughter is 3 years old and she has a major attitude, talks back, tels me no, and screms and yells. I have tried, spanking(even thought I dont like to, I tried it) yelling, talking calmly and asking nicely, time outs, taking privilages away, everything and she is ust getting worse.now she starting to punch things when she gets frusterated and she doesnt listen to anything I say..I am telling you nothing! I am at my wits end with this and dont know what else to do.please help me with any suggestions you have.thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am going through the same thing with my son. I don't know what to do other than stay consistent with your discipline. If you find out a solution, please let me know.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• woops, didnt mean to mark this anonymous.if i find something to help i will let you know.
    navywifey08

Answer by navywifey08 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• sit her down and outline boundaries. tell her what is and isn't acceptable. then outline the punishments for infractions. then enforce them consistantly. you know best what hits her below the belt, use it.
    IMO timeouts should be her nose in the corner. sitting in a chair facing the room still allows them to be part of the family. this isolation punishes and gives her a chance to calm down. my kids HATE it and it's been a very effective tool. I have even been known to put their nose on a wall in a store. i rarely have to do it these days.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I just had this conversation with my 3 yr old son's doctor yesterday. She said tell him/her once about the unacceptable behavior and if it does not stop put them in their room and they cannot come out until they have calmed down if they are throwing a huge fit. Never ever give in to their rude behavior or give them something they want until they ask for it nicely. As long as they know every time they are rude there will be an instant repercusion they will stop.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008