has anyone had an allergic reaction to era laundry detergent

We just changed laundry detergent to ERA. Our 3 year old granddaughter has broke out.

purplekyna

Asked by purplekyna at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had an allergic reaction to laundry detergent when I was in college. I don't remember the brand, but since then I've always used unscented ones like Tide Free.

I figured out the cause due to the rash being concentrated along my waist and bra line where the clothes were in most contact with my skin.

All I did was change laundry detergents and rewashed all my clothes.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yep, our son had a reaction to it. It's the enzymes in it according to his pediatrician. They put them in it to break up the proteins in certain stains. I stick with good old Purex...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• try a free & clear detergent.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 4:25 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Take a look at www.saferforyourhome.com - we use the MelaPower laundry detergent and other laundry products - my husband and my children have sensitive skin and these are the best products - natural, very concentrated (6 x's!), work great and a lot less expensive than the store and national brands (I've done price comparisons at Publix, Target and Costco) - it comes with a 100%. money-back guarantee and it is delivered to your home! :) Please let me know if you would like anymore info.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• ive never tried it.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• No we only use Natural Elements Purex. Only stuff my son doesnt break out to.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:45 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• we react to anything other than "free and clear" varieties...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010