Where do you file bills, letters?

A filing system
A box in a closet
under the bed
in your dresser/ cabinet
on the computer
on a disk
in a cardboard box
throw them away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I keep the current year's bills in a small file box near my desk. Older stuff goes in a file cabinet in the garage. At least, that is my plan. I am still going through piles and piles of paperwork, trying to get rid of stuff that doesn't need to be saved. I am a bit of a packrat when it comes to saving records.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I keep the current year stuff by month in an accordian pocket folder. Then, after I do my taxes for the year, I put it all in a manilla envelope marked with the year. I keep it the required 7 years, then shred it.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• in a folder... my husband throws them in a box....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Top of the microwave. LOL From there they get burned or trashed. Important stuff goes into a drawer.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Bills-circular file---waste basket!
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 10:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• File #13
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 10:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Most of ours go into an accordion file. Some how everything we need ends up in the garbage 2 days before we need it.
    I finally told my husband that if he wants anything saved he has to file it away. He thinks leaving it on the counter is putting it away.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't file my bills at all. They are all e-mailed to me and paid online. If I needed to look up a past bill I could go online to do so. Taxes, medical documents, and other things I have a filing cabinet for.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• in my filing cabinet. I keep a years in an active folder....then at the end of the year I put them in a manilla enveolpe and file it in a box.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• filing cabinet. I only keep two years.
    jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 12:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2010