How do you get the most out of working out/exercising?

I know a good tip is tightening stomach muscles... anything else?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 9:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• change up your routine that way your body doessnt get used to the same work out
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• interval training- getting your heart rate high for a short period then letting it come back down then back up again
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• make sure when you work out you do repetitions evenly
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Low weight, High reps

I talked with my trainer tonight and he told me I would burn more calories if I did my circuit training 1st and my cardio 2nd. I had been doing it the other way around for the last year
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• haha me too. I do cardio 1st thing and then get into circuits....
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well when it comes to weight training the most effective way is heavy weights, low reps, slowly. (That's to build muscle, for muscle endurance go light with more reps) During my cardio I just make sure to put a lot of intensity into it, and I love high intensity interval training.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 11:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Take a multivitamin or vitamin B supplement. You'll have more energy and will want to work out harder and longer.
    bean4700

Answer by bean4700 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I take an Access Bar 15 minutes before I work out ( they taste like candy bars) - they naturally block the energy-sapping effects of adenosine, your muscles use less sugar and more stored fat for energy, they give you endurance with less fatigue and soreness and best of all... turns fat into fuel! So basically you burn more fat :) I use them for any form of exercise... the gym, gardening, house cleaning, chasing the kids, walking the dogs - truly great product!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010