Crafty mamas - need advice on tissue paper art!

I've done tissue paper pictures with kids before, but I have an idea for a picture I want to do and frame. Have you done this before? What kind of glue do you suggest? Any techniques I should know about?

KDW211

Asked by KDW211 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm not exactly sure what your talking about doing. I've had my kids make stained glass bottles, by having them paint on small pieces of tissue paper on glass jars. We diluted regular Elmer's school glue with water, just enough to make it light and runny. Then they painted the glue onto the bottle, section at a time and then put an little pieces of tissue, slightly over lapping. When the bottle had all the paper on it, they painted over the whole thing with another layer of the glue mixture. They turned out really cool. They also made scrunchy pictures with tiny pieces of crinkled up tissue paper and then glued them onto a background. They used regular glue sticks for that.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 12:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think for a long lasting picture that doesn't fade, any acid-free glue should work. :)
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 12:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• thanks!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2008