Has anyone tried Weight Watchers?

Did it work? Pros and Cons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes and yes!!

Pros...IT WORKS!!

Cons...Doesn't necessarily change your eating habits, so it is a life long thing.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes and I'm still fat.
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 10:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I did weight watchers right after my third child was born and it did work great. The problem for me was that I did not make goal weight and so I got frustrated and stopped going.

If you stick with it it works great. I have a friend who has lost over 160 lbs. It does work if you want it to because it is a life style change and if you aren't ready for that then it is not worth it.

Also, it can be a little expensive.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I tried it years ago.. so maybe it has changed alot.. But..
    It DOES work if used right..
    The down side was POINTS... everything is points...And its not easy to figure out how many points everything is..
    I think you have to look at 2/3 things on say a gallon ice cream. Look at a "chart" and it will tell you how many points it is.. UGH. it was a huge drag..
    But it does work!! My teacher in hs lost alot of weight from it & she was the reason I tried it..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Ive used it on and off, and it definitely works, you just have to stick to it. They have made it alot easier recently, there are easier ways to figure out the points.. And if you dont want to do the points system, there is one called the core system I believe. Ive only went to meetings a few times, didnt care for them too much. But I lost 20 lbs in around 7 weeks I believe. And it helps you to recognize healthy portions, and much more. I would definitely recommend it if you have the will power. Nothing is off limits, you just have to control your portion sizes. You have 35 weekly allowence points on top of however many you have daily, which are a huge help to keep you from "cheating".. The only thing I can say is it takes alot of will power and dedication, if you have those, then it will work. GL to you! :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, and for me, it was the first non-fad thing that actually worked. It made me accountable for my own success, and Iliked that. I lost 37 lbs overall. I had to stop due to economic reasons, but I plan to get back when I am able. You can check them out online to see if it will work for you. You do have to stick to it.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 11:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010