2yr old pigeon toed on one side only

My dd is 2 and is pigeon toed on her left side. She has been in orthodics for a year and I have been doing the recommended stretches for the year too. Her podiatrist says that by december if its not doing better he is sending her to an orthopedic surgeon. People I've talked to say I should push for it just to get it over with sooner rather than later when she will have more memory.

She is ALWAYS tripping and falling. I don't see it getting better in 3 months when a year hasn't seen improvement but actually has gotten worse.

She started off see the podiatrist because she walked on the top side of her left foot, which was the orgional reason for the orthodics.

What would you do? Whould you push, or wait? Advice?

Xandriasmommy

Asked by Xandriasmommy at 10:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• MY sister were that way and my mom put there shoes on the wrong feet and had them wear it that way all the time. It helped cause as there foot grew it would go the way the shoe was to straighten it out. GL I hope things work out
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The only problem with that is she is only pigeon toed on her left side. Her right foot is completely normal, thanks though
    Xandriasmommy

Comment by Xandriasmommy (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If it were me I would have started with an ortho instead of a pediatrist. They they are better for things like corns, ingrown toenails, etc... Definitely get in touch with an ortho sooner rather than later at least for consult. They may be able to offer other options other than just surgery.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010