OK I just need advice

When I was pregnant with my first he was born 5 pounds and 11 ounces... When it came time to push, I couldn't push his head out... I pushed for 2 hours then with the help of the vaccum and forceps he was finally pulled out.. His heart rate would go really low when I would push..

Fast forward to what I need advice about. I am due in a couple weeks with my second boy. When they did his measurements at my 27th week, his head alone was measuring 29.3 weeks and his body was 28.6...... I am scared about pushing his head out... Last time they had to cut me because I would have torn pretty bad.. I don't want to have the same problems again..

So here is my question.. Would I be stupid to talk to my OB next week about possibly doing a c section (he does them to where there is hardly a scar (not that I care if I have a scar) or should I just risk it again..? I only want positive answers...

aquarianmom69

Asked by aquarianmom69 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would talk to your OB about all options. Tell him about your concerns and address them one by one. Good luck, mama!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 10:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I could not push my sons head out. I pushed for 4 hours!! It was absolutely horrible. I do not remember the size of his head, but it was big. Anyway, after having my second I realized I was not pushing right at all!! I really think my problem was that I did not know how to push. My other question: were you induced?? I was.

With my fourth I was not induced and I did not have an epidural. My body did all the pushing on its own. I even remember the nurse commenting to the doctor (when the doctor asked me to wait) that my body was pushing, it was involuntary. It was really natural. I helped push when I felt like it and I didn't push when I didn't feel like it - even when the doctor was encouraging me to push during a contraction. I just followed the way my body felt.

I honestly don't know your situation and all that you went through with your first, so my experience might not apply at all. Just thought I'd share!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh I was pushing.. Every time I would push, his heart rate would go dangerously low.. I am terrified of my next son doing the same thing... He is already bigger than my first born..
    aquarianmom69

Comment by aquarianmom69 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If you are comfortable with a c-section, then talk to your doctor about getting one. You should always go with your gut feeling. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Did the say anything about your cervix my sister had a prob w her son and the dr had to physically put both hands to hold her open bc shed. Hit 10 then go back to an 8 the cervix wanted to close around his neck and he could have died and should have had a csection he called it sloppy cervix and he did say its sort of rare but if you remember them talking about your cervix id ask bc there's more risk in that instance to not have a csection but ask if you can avoid it I've had one and it wasn't bad but if I didn't have to I wouldnt
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Every pregnancy and every baby is different. This baby might have a smaller head, or a different shape. Your body is also different now so it might not be a problem this time around. Talk to your doctor, but I don't think they will agree to a c-section just in case you might have a problem. They are always ready to switch to c-section if they have to , but they always seem to want you to try vaginal delivery first.
    Good luck!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Ihave had 3 c-sections...they are not that bad. If you are worried that your baby could be hurt, that go with your instincts. C-sections take (kiterally)10 minutes. The recovery is longer, and it is hard with a new baby so be sure you have lots of help. There is always a risk with surgery, but OBs do them like once a day at least. Explore all your options and talk with your OB...good luck!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If it were me I would talk to the doctor about it. I wouldn't go in saying I definitely want a c section though. my thoughts would be to give it a shot, but if it gets to that point that you were at before, ask if he would be willing and able to do a c section. you need to feel comfortable, and I know I would be extremely nervous especially thinking about the first ones heart rate dropping. that alone I think should be enough incentive for your doctor to consider it if it happens again =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have a new OB.. He will pretty much let us patients do whatever we want so I hear but I am scared for my boy
    aquarianmom69

Comment by aquarianmom69 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would definately bring this up to your OB. Let them know your fears. They will have ideas of things you can do to help and it will make you feel better knowing that they are informed about the situation.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010