Does energy level drop at teenage?

From your experience with your children does energy level drop at age 19 for example and why? Do you have any information or scientific background on this matter by any chance! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I wouldn't think so since a young man is supposed to be at his sexual peak at 19 which means his energy level is high. For a young woman, she could be pregnant. That might be why her energy level is low. I'd have them see a doctor to see what's up. Male or female something needs to be checked into.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• If your child is experiancing low levels this is a red flag.
    When I was in high school I went to bed around 10ish and my JR yr slowly I started going to bed earlier and earlier to where I was going to bed as soon as I got home from school and my mom had to wake me up to eat and I'd go back to bed. I was running track at the time and my times where getting slower as well. We found out that I had Mono. I never thought that Mono would be that bad but it was debillitating.
    I would take your child to the DR and find out what it is that is making him/her loose so much energy. At least you would know if it's just him/her or if it is something medical :)
    Good Luck
    Leauna
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 2:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My son is 6'5", he needs more rest and more food than he gets. This is frustrating for him but bigger men more to refuel. He was a very low energy teen because he grew so much. One year he grew 5 inches, not a lot got done that year.
    Maureen
    orchid56

Answer by orchid56 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• This is the age when all the formal stuff is over and the child is, for the first time, standing looking out at the whole universe, including its billions of choices and opportunities and already closed doors. It is terrifying, to say the least.

For some people, that experience of being flung out over nothing takes their energy away. They struggle all day to feel stable and secure, and their possible future keeps pulling it away.

Be a safe place for your child to fall. Your child will find stability soon.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have a 19 year old son. He did say just a few weeks ago he was always tired. I gave him a bunch of vitamins to take. They seemed to help, he's fine now.
    peppermintkathy

Answer by peppermintkathy at 12:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• actually it has been proven that the circadium(sp)n rythm of teen is different they are more awake at night and sleepier during the day by trying to be "normal" they are fighting their own body rythem so they feel tired all the time.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008